How to Find Router IP Address:-The router IP address is unique to every router present in the world which helps in accessing the internet from the offices or home wherever it is installed.
How to find a router IP address is a very common question asked by the people who are using the internet with the help of a router at their workplaces or home.
In this article, we will be throwing some light on the easy steps to find the IP address of the router and will also discuss some other technical aspects related to the router.
Router IP Address (10.0.0.1)
Talking about the normal circumstances and routine you will never need to know the IP address which is associated with your router.
This address is the bases with the help of which the other computers and devices which are present on the internet can identify your computer as a unique device and work silently in the background whenever you are using the internet.
Sometimes the IP address which is associated with the router needs to be troubleshooted for resolving the network problem or to configure the software.
For this, you need to visit the settings panel of the router present inside the browser. While finding your IP address is a very simple task, the process which needs to be done for that depends on what kind of device you are using.
In the coming part of the article, we will be discussing how you can find the IP address of the device quickly.
How to Find Router IP Address (Windows)?
The easy steps to find the IP address of a router in the window are listed below:
- The first step is to right-click on the icon of the windows present in the bottom left of the screen and select the option which displays the command prompt.
- The second step is to type the command ‘ ipconfig’ in the command prompt window and press enter.
- The third step is to find the default gateway section which will display the number which is your router’s IP address.
How to Find Router IP Address (Mac)?
For the people who are using Apple products they can also find the IP address on the router by following the easy steps given below:
- The first step is to click the Apple icon which is present in the top left of the screen and then choose the option system preferences.
- The second step is to click on the button which displays the network.
- The third step is to choose your network and then click the advanced button which is present in the bottom right of the window.
- The final step is to click on the button which displays TCP/IP where you will be able to see the router IP address which is listed next to the router.
Default Router Login ID and Passwords
The manufacturer of the router uses different default username and password combinations for their devices. These IDs and passwords are different for different company routers.
All the user names and passwords cannot be noted down in this wonderful article by us but we have brought these commonly used username and password combinations from which you can try and get the default router login ID and password.
These are listed below in the form of a table:
Pro Tips to Find the IP Address of Router
Some of the pro tips for finding router IP address are listed below which can help the users at the time when they are unable to log in or locate the IP address:
- For finding the IP address you can go to the command prompt and type the configuration command so that the IP address will be displayed on the screen which is related to the device or the router that you are using.
- Another method of finding an ID password associated with the router or the IP address of the router is by performing the factory setting restore of the router settings so that all the settings that you have them will be removed as the router will become as good as you and will become the same as it was received by you and it was brand new.
How to find a router IP address is a common problem faced by the majority of internet users at their workplaces or home.
In this article, we have tried to solve this issue by providing the simple and time-saving steps to find the IP address of the router in the devices which are having Windows operating systems and also for the devices which are Apple products or Mac.
What does the IP address of the router mean?
The IP address of a router is the unique number assigned to your device with the help of which the other devices which are present on the Internet can identify it as a separate entity.
How can we get the IP address of the router?
In the usual scenario, the IP address associated with the router is written just below the device in the form of a sticker. If it is not present, there then you can contact the person who provided you with the device and get the same
Which router is considered to be the best working router?
As such, there is no fixed specification for a good router. You can easily get a good router from the local internet service provider of your area or even order one from reliable and authentic online stores.